All ships have a unique silhouette and this characteristic is often the best means of telling one type of ship from another. Here are some ship silhouettes that are representative of their type, as well as some pointers on how to tell ships apart. At sea such quick identification can be a big aid.
- Naval Architecture & Ship Building: Info for Certification Exams & Beginners
- Types of Ships By Silhouette: Basic Naval Identification
- Articles on Marine Engineering, Ship Building, Ocean Travel & Shipping, Maritime Law and More at Bright Hub.Com
- Marine Engines, Machinery & Controls: Learn About the Types of Engines & Electrical Systems Onboard a Ship
- Seafaring Life, Law & Marine Navigation: Learn About Life as a Marine Engineer