Benefits of the CAD Software
CAD software is being used on large scale basis by a number of engineering professionals and firms for various applications. The most common application of CAD software is designing and drafting. Here are some of the benefits of implementing CAD systems in the companies:
1) Increase in the productivity of the designer: The CAD software helps designer in visualizing the final product that is to be made, it subassemblies and the constituent parts. The product can also be given animation and see how the actual product will work, thus helping the designer to immediately make the modifications if required. CAD software helps designer in synthesizing, analyzing, and documenting the design. All these factors help in drastically improving the productivity of the designer that translates into fast designing, lower designing cost and shorter project completion times.
2) Improve the quality of the design: With the CAD software the designing professionals are offered large number of tools that help in carrying out thorough engineering analysis of the proposed design. The tools also help designers to consider large number of investigations. Since the CAD systems offer greater accuracy, the errors are reduced drastically in the designed product leading to better design. Eventually, better design helps carrying out manufacturing faster and reducing the wastages that could have occurred because of the faulty design.
3) Better communications: The next important part after designing is making the drawings. With CAD software better and standardized drawings can be made easily. The CAD software helps in better documentation of the design, fewer drawing errors, and greater legibility.
4) Creating documentation of the designing: Creating the documentation of designing is one of the most important parts of designing and this can be made very conveniently by the CAD software. The documentation of designing includes geometries and dimensions of the product, its subassemblies and its components, material specifications for the components, bill of materials for the components etc.
5) Creating the database for manufacturing: When the creating the data for the documentation of the designing most of the data for manufacturing is also created like products and component drawings, material required for the components, their dimensions, shape etc.
6) Saving of design data and drawings: All the data used for designing can easily be saved and used for the future reference, thus certain components don’t have to be designed again and again. Similarly, the drawings can also be saved and any number of copies can be printed whenever required. Some of the component drawings can be standardized and be used whenever required in any future drawings.