Applications of Thermodynamics
1) All types of vehicles that we use, cars, motorcycles, trucks, ships, aeroplanes, and many other types work on the basis of second law of thermodynamics and Carnot Cycle. They may be using petrol engine or diesel engine, but the law remains the same.
2) All the refrigerators, deep freezers, industrial refrigeration systems, all types of air-conditioning systems, heat pumps, etc work on the basis of the second law of thermodynamics.
3) All types of air and gas compressors, blowers, fans, run on various thermodynamic cycles.
4) One of the important fields of thermodynamics is heat transfer, which relates to transfer of heat between two media. There are three modes of heat transfer: conduction, convection and radiation. The concept of heat transfer is used in wide range of devices like heat exchangers, evaporators, condensers, radiators, coolers, heaters, etc.
5) Thermodynamics also involves study of various types of power plants like thermal power plants, nuclear power plants, hydroelectric power plants, power plants based on renewable energy sources like solar, wind, geothermal, tides, water waves etc,
6) Renewable energy is an important subject area of thermodynamics that involves studying the feasibility of using different types of renewable energy sources for domestic and commercial use.
The list of the applications of thermodynamics is very long and if you want to mention the individual applications, these can be infinite. Thermodynamics involves the study of infinite universe and it indeed has infinite applications. No other field of study is as closely associated to human life as thermodynamics. For me the study of thermodynamics is the path to salvation.