Energy & Power Plants
- Do Windmills & Cell Phone Towers Kill Millions of Migratory Birds per Year?
Is it a fact that windmills and cell towers kill millions of birds every year? Many activists are concerned over mankind's intrusion into migratory bird patterns. But is this concern justified?
- What is Isokinetic Sampling?
Isokinetic or constant velocity sampling is the preferred method for determining particulate concentrations in fluid streams. Read on to find more about this method.
- Natural Gas: How it is Processed, Transferred and Stored
Natural gas contains about 80% methane and 20% or so of other hydrocarbons. It is found in on/off-shore oil and gas fields as well as shale oil deposits. The main source of NG is presently from the reservoirs in oil and gas fields where it is piped to the surface for processing to pure methane.
- Emissions From Power Plants: What You Should Know
Power plants produce a lot of emissions in the process of converting energy from fossil fuels to Electricity. Should this be a concern for us?
- Convert Biomass to Pellets for Efficient Use of Biomass Energy
Biomass has low bulk density, high moisture, and low energy density. Converting it to pellets makes it more portable and easily usable. Pelletization has advantages for both wood producers and power plant operations.
- Factors Affecting Suitability of Locations for Tidal Power Plants
Unlike other sources of power, tidal power plants have requirements which may not be met easily. In order to find suitable sources and locations for Tidal Power Plants several requirements must be met.
- What's the Matter with Antimatter?
Science and science-fiction often refer to terms such as antiparticles, positrons, antimatter spaceships, etc. All this matter-antimatter thing may be a little confusing to the non-expert. This article will make an attempt to clarify what is real and what is not.
- Natural Frequency Resonance- Recipe for Failure.
All objects in the universe resonate at their natural frequency when excited. This can cause catastrophic failures in structures, machines, and components. How is this relevant in a power plant scenario? Read about these failures ...
- Cofiring Biomass - What to Look For if Considering
Cofiring biomass in a coal fired boiler is like a cart drawn by a horse and a mule. What are the advantages?
(1 of 28)