Turbine Side Removal
1) Remove the turbine end cover with sight glass on the turbine side.
2) Measure the clearance between the turbine end cover mounting face and shaft end.
3) Check the axial deflection of the pump disc cover. The permissible axial deflection of the pump cover is 0.05 mm.
4) Check the rotor shaft by turning by hand.
5) Remove the pump disc locking plate.
6) Loosen the lube oil disc cover and pump washer on the lube oil pump disc by removing the bolt.
7) Remove the outer shaft end nut and tab washer and then remove inner shaft end nut.
8) Remove the lube oil disc from position.
9) Loosen the bearing nut and bearing nut washer and remove from place.
10) Fix the bearing pulling tool on a resilient mounting and slowly tighten it, and this will pull the roller bearing on turbine side slowly out.
11) Care should be taken while removing the bearing to avoid damage to the shaft outer end threads and bearing.
12) Do not disturb the bearing assembly as improper bearing position may misalign the rotor shaft.
13) Before removing, put punch mark on the bearing in position so that it can be put back as it is.
14) Remove the turbine inlet casing from the turbine outlet casing.
15) Now the whole rotor shaft can be pulled out from the compressor side. While pulling out the shaft, care must be taken to avoid damage to the turbine blades and labyrinth sealing arrangements on the shaft.
16) Remove tab washer and remove seal plate to the turbine outlet casing.
17) Remove shroud ring and shaft seal from the turbine outlet casing.
18) Remove nozzle ring assembly from the turbine inlet casing.
Finally remove the air seal adjusting screw, anti-corrosion zinc assembly, sand cover, and other various accessories in position