Purpose and Objectives
Following are the objectives of boiler water testing.
1. To prevent scale formation in the boiler.
2. To prevent corrosion in the boiler feed system by maintaining the boiler water's alkaline condition.
3. To remove dissolved gases such as oxygen from water.
4. To control sludge formation, thus preventing carry over into the system.
5. To determine the amount of impurities and thereby determining the amount of treatment required.
6. To maintain and provide residual reserve of chemicals.
7. To improve efficiency, thus increasing boiler life.
8. For economical operation of boiler.
9. To exercise careful control over boiler treatment chemicals.