Keep in mind few things before going to buy small drill press
• Check the concentricity of the drill press according to your requirement.
• Check the grasp capacity of the drill press. If the drill press grasps the material tightly, your work will be easier.
• Smaller chucks give more accuracy. Therefore, try to choose a drill press that has smaller, smooth-acting chucks.
• Check the speed of the motor and spindle. The speed provided by the drill press must be variable. This will help you to work according to the requirement of speed for the material used.
• Choose the drill machine that has smooth working surface. Ideally, the working surface is attached perpendicular to the axis of the drill. Don’t believe the labeled configuration, check the trueness of the table yourself.
• The most important thing is to check the feed of the drill press. If the feed is harsh, it means there is something wrong with the machine, and you will have trouble during your work. The feed must be smooth.
• Machines having a rack and pinion mechanism for the table provide more accuracy and smooth table adjustment.