Connecting the Refrigerating Tubing to the Indoor Unit
Here are the steps for connecting refrigerating tubing to the indoor unit of split AC:
1) From the indoor unit of the split AC two copper tubing emerge which are passed through the hole made in the wall, these two tubing have flaring connections at their ends.
2) The distance between the indoor and outdoor unit is measured, and two copper tubing of this length are cut.
3) On one of the ends of the these two tubing flaring connections are made for connecting into the flare nut already available on the tubing emerging from the indoor unit. One can also directly connect the two newly cut tubing to the indoor unit tubing by brazing without making flare connections. One end of each of the two tubing is now connected to the indoor unit.
4) Next, extend these tubing to the outdoor unit. On the way, you can provide support to these tubing to the wall by using brackets so that they won’t keep on hanging here and there. This is to avoid the breakage of connections due to vibrations resulting in leakage of the refrigerant.
5) Before connecting the refrigerant tubing to the outdoor unit, it should be covered with the insulation material, which is usually the foam tube.