- slide 1 of 1
Importance of the Heat Load Calculations
The importance of the heat load calculations can be understood from the fact that right from the designing of the building itself, the HVAC designer works closely with the building architect to making recommendations for the locations of the various air-conditioning systems of suitable sizes. Before the actual construction of the building the architect has to design the building and with them the HVAC designer makes important recommendations that affect the building designing large way.
Let us see some importance of heat load calculations:
1) Air-conditioning system of right tonnage: After carrying out the heat load calculations the HVAC designer recommends the air-conditioning system of proper tonnage that would meet the cooling requirements of all the rooms of the building. If the heat load calculations are not carried out, the person may not employ air-conditioning system of proper size. If the air-conditioning system of the larger size is fitted, it will lead to high initial as well as high running cost of the system. If the air-conditioning system of smaller size is fitted, it will lead to under-cooling of the rooms and the very purpose of installing the air-conditioning system is lost. After carrying out the heat load calculations, the HVAC designer recommends air-conditioning system of proper size that will have lowest possible initial cost and running cost and also produce sufficient cooling effect.
2) Air-conditioning system of right type: There are various types of air-conditioning systems. After carrying out the heat load calculations, the HVAC designer recommends the air-conditioning system of proper size for your application. Depending on the total heat load on the building they will recommend window, split, packaged or central air-conditioning type of system.
3) Avoid the breakages in the room: The heat load calculations carried our prior to the actual construction of the room helps decide the location of the proper size and type of the air-conditioning system to be fitted inside the room. If this decision is taken after the construction of the room, you will probably have to carrying out lots of modifications in the room thus destroying the aesthetics and ergonomics of your favorite room.
Deciding the air-conditioning system of proper size and type in advance will also help in laying out the concealed copper tubing connecting the indoor and outdoor unit of the air-conditioning system so there won’t be any hanging or visible shabby looking copper tubing that could affect the looks of your beautiful walls of the room painted with expensive paints or wall papers.
Heat Load Calculations: Important Role of HVAC Designer
- What is HVAC Heat Load Calculations? Part 1
- What is HVAC Heat Load Calculations? Part 2: Various Sources of Heat
- Process of Heat Load Calculations - Part 1: What is HVAC Heat Load Calculations? Part 3
- What is HVAC Heat Load Calculations? Part 4: Process of Heat Load Calculations - 2
- Importance of the Heat Load Calculations - Part 1
- Importance of the Heat Load Calculations - Part 2