Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of A.C. Induction Motors:
1. It has a simple design, low initial cost, rugged construction almost unbreakable
2. The operation is very simple with almost very less maintenance as there are no brushes.
3. The efficiency of these motors is very high, as there are no frictional losses, with reasonably good power factor.
4. The control gear for the starting purpose of these motors is minimum and thus simple and reliable operation.
Disadvantages of A.C. Induction Motors:
1. The speed control of these motors is not easy without some loss in efficiency.
2. As the load on the motor increases, the speed decreases.
3. The starting torque is inferior when compared to D.C. Motors.