Bright Hub Copyright Policy
Bright Hub respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Bright Hub will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are reported to Bright Hub’s Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample Notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through this website (the “Site”) by completing the following notice (“Notice”) and delivering it to the Designated Copyright Agent.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or—if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice—you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or activity you claim is infringing and provide a description of where the infringing work is located, including, at a minimum, the URL or other location where that material may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Bright Hub’s Designated Copyright Agent:
Tracy Sabattis, Copyright Agent
Bright Hub does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Site and will, if properly notified that files infringe a copyright, remove or disable access to such files. Bright Hub reserves the right to remove or disable access to files or links to allegedly infringing material without prior notice, to the extent it is technologically possible given the nature of the Site.
Bright Hub will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate registered users or other account holders whom it determines to be repeat infringers or to have repeatedly been charged with infringement.