Benefits of CAPP
Whether one is using the retrieval system or the generative system, there are number of benefits of CAPP as described below:
1) Process rationalization: In CAPP the same software carries out the process planning and its procedure remains the same whoever uses it. Thus the process planning becomes logical, consistent and rationalized as it does not depends on the individualistic experience or judgment.
2) Higher productivity of the process planners: With CAPP the amount of the clerical work is greatly reduced for the process engineers and there are fewer chances of errors. The planners can invest their time on more skilled jobs and also attain the better process plan that is eventually translated into their higher productivity.
3) Faster planning: With CAPP system the engineers can make the routing sheets for the jobs faster resulting in lesser lead times for the manufacturing process.
4) Good visibility: The documents made from the computer are neat, clean and clear, which makes reading the routing sheets easier.
5) Operate with other software: The CAPP software can be easily integrated with the other software like designing and manufacturing software. This makes the whole process of designing, planning and manufacturing an integrated process.