1. Open the AutoCAD drawing into which you want to insert the Word document.
2. Now you have to insert the word document as an OLE object. This can be done in following two ways:
- Go to the menu browser of AutoCAD 2009 and then Insert → OLE Objects like below:
- Alternatively you can type the insertobj in the command line of the AutoCAD window.
3. As a result of step-2 you will get the following insert object AutoCAD window:
Now click on the “Microsoft Word Document” there and then click the “Create from file” radio button. Browse and select the word file you want to attach and check the “Link” check box. Then click “OK”.
4. The first page of the Word document will be inserted into the AutoCAD drawing and there will be associativity between the Word document and the AutoCAD drawing.
5. Multiple Word document pages also can be inserted into the AutoCAD drawing either by inserting all the pages one-by-one or by creating a hyperlink to the remaining pages from the first page and inserting only the first page.
In case you don’t require any associativity of the word document with the AutoCAD drawing then you can directly copy the required portion of the Word document and paste it to your AutoCAD drawing.