Overview of CATIA
CATIA is being used extensively in number of industries like automobiles, aerospace, ship building, industrial machinery, electrical and electronics etc. Let us see some of the highlights of CATIA software:
1) CATIA is unique in the sense that it is integrated suite of Computer Aided Designing (CAD), Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). Thus if your company is looking for complete automation of the manufacturing unit CATIA can offer you a complete solution. The CAD part will help in designing while the CAM part will help in manufacturing within the shortest possible time.
2) CATIA can help in performing various functions right from product conceptualization, product specifications, and designing to the product manufacturing planning. Once you have a concept for the product there are all the tools to come out with the finished product.
3) CATIA helps carry out number of functions within the product life cycle. It helps in designing of the product, analyzing the product, simulation of the product, developing 3D models, etc.
4) CATIA helps increasing productivity of the designers and the manufacturing personnel by integrating and designing and manufacturing features.
5) Since almost all the functions related to product life cycle can be performed on CATIA, the response to market needs becomes very fast. The companies can focus on creativity and innovation and come out with the new products faster than the competition.
6) CATIA supports application programming interface (API) like Visual Basic and C++.
The latest version of CATIA is V6, which puts collaboration innovation at the heart of enterprise.