Summary of the Preliminary Design and Development Stage
Before we close this article let us see the summary of this important stage of preliminary design and development:
1) From the suggested set of various designs, select the best one that fulfills all the specifications and the requirements of the machine.
2) For the selected solution carry out the various mathematical calculations and make the mathematical model of the machine with the proper dimensions for the overall machine as well as the machine elements.
3) Make the detailed drawings of the model.
4) Analyze this model and see how various parts of the machine are affecting each other.
5) Make the changes in specifications and requirements if required.
5) Optimize the design so as to meet all the specifications and the functional requirements at the lowest possible cost.
6) Prepare the layout of the selected solution considering that it meets all the specifications and the functional requirements.