- slide 1 of 4
The ecological brick (also known as the modular brick) is constructed from a mixture of cement, soil and water, which is positioned in a special way and pressed manually or mechanically, receiving up to 6 tons of pressure, strongly binding the grain and making the process of kiln burning, which is commonly used in ordinary clay brick, unneeded.
- slide 2 of 4
Types of ecological brick
The ecological brick is much more than a simple brick structure that fills a wall: with its physical characteristics it provides economic, structural stability, harmony and beauty of fields, making your home becomes a place nice, relaxing and safe. By eliminating the waste typical of this common work, while minimizing the time and cost of labor-intensive method, the modular brick allows the quick and cheap building of houses.
With 3 different formats: full-brick, half brick and channel, the house can be built to form a chain of vectors that are strengthened by fixing doors, windows and walls, allowing the insertion of the power grid, hydro, cable television, gas, telephone and intercom inside their holes, further speeding up the construction.
- slide 3 of 4
- The brick is made of eco-manual or hydraulic press, under pressure equivalent to 6 tons, which make it regular, with smooth faces, allowing a perfect fit, making the calculation of units to be used on every wall and all the work, without the need to cut the brick.
- Due to their smooth cheeks and double fit, the walls keep a perfect race and beautiful finish, offering aesthetic beauty of the building.
- Its architecture avoids the use of nails, wire, wood and leaves the wall ready for embedding network hydraulic, electrical and others.
- Have good thermal and acoustic insulation, allowing air inside the holes to be heated by the sun, suffering the scroll-up, and cool back down, plus reducing the moisture in the walls.
- The fittings were developed to increase the resistance of the structure, and to facilitate their placement and to drastically reduce the time of completion.
- Because their faces are smooth and beautiful, there is no need to plaster or the laying of tiles and other finishes, when desired.
- Cement is used in small amounts in the modular brick building and the columns and beams are easily made using the holes and channel bricks.
- The modular construction with brick work favors cleanliness and less debris and loss of material.
- slide 4 of 4
- The ecological brick requires a skilled mason, with basic knowledge of the technique, application and system requirements in the assembly and placement of stops and hardware.
- It can be used in dry climates, but in very humid climates or in places where there is a greater exposure to moisture, it isn't very reliable and not tested enough yet.